[GRASS5] zlib and raster rows

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Tue Apr 27 15:04:14 EDT 2004

I'm trying to read rasters rows through java, but it doesn't always work.
The rows are compressed one by one through zlib (deflate) and put in the file
(the header knows where they start).

The reading works for me if the data is something like
10.0 20.0 30.0
but it can't recognise the compression method when I have something like:
10.123 20.321 30.0

In the code I only found the Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION used, so I really can't
understand what goes on. It should compress always the same way.

Any hint?
Andrea

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik

University of Trento
Via Mesiano, 77 - Trento (ITALY)

Andrea Antonello
tel:  +393288497722