[GRASS5] zlib and raster rows

Andrea Antonello moovida at katamail.com
Wed Apr 28 12:28:54 EDT 2004

It complains about the fact that it doesn't recognise the compression method.
"java.util.zip.DataFormatException: unknown compression method"

It doesn't even start to decompress...

Andrea

On Wednesday 28 April 2004 17:57, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Andrea Antonello wrote:
> > I'm trying to read rasters rows through java, but it doesn't always work.
> > The rows are compressed one by one through zlib (deflate) and put in the
> > file (the header knows where they start).
> >
> > The reading works for me if the data is something like
> > 10.0 20.0 30.0
> > but it can't recognise the compression method when I have something like:
> > 10.123 20.321 30.0
> >
> > In the code I only found the Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION used, so I really
> > can't understand what goes on. It should compress always the same way.
> >
> > Any hint?
>
> Are you getting an error from the zlib decompressor, or is the
> uncompressed data just not what you were expecting?

"Let it be as much a great honour to take as to give learning,
if you want to be called wise."
Skuggsja' - The King's mirror - 1240 Reykjavik

University of Trento
Via Mesiano, 77 - Trento (ITALY)

Andrea Antonello
tel:  +393288497722