[GRASS5] questions for updating tcltkgrass for 5.7

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 20:38:40 EDT 2004

> 1. r.univar has gone away. Now there is a r.univar.sh script and a
> r.univar2 program module. I'm not sure what the difference is (I
> looked at the docs for each in the CVS and GRASS 5.7 manual on line.
> The manual only listed r.univar). Should I include one or the other or
> both?

It's still there, it works, no action required.

GRASS:~> r.univar
does the right thing.

The program directory for the source code is called r.univar2, but if
you look in raster/r.univar2/Makefile, it gets built as r.univar. It
does not include extended stats yet (mode, quartiles, etc) so the old
script (which has those) was not removed in case anyone depends on that.
Once the C version has those, the script is gone. I'd leave the script
off the menu.

The Makefile in the grass51/raster/ directory just tells it which
directories to build, not module names.

> 5. g.mapset was done before I left, but I still need to add it.

see  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/4354

Hamish