[GRASS5] [bug #2488] (grass) GRASS 5.7 WISH - improve string reading ability in g.parser

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Tue Aug 3 11:44:51 EDT 2004

On 8/3/04 12:43 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok, thanks for the tips Glynn.
>
> I changed append-> lappend in some places and now it is all working,
> AFAICT. (& in CVS)
>

> Using special chars ( []{}"$@ ) in the text input box works correctly.
>

> Anybody know of anywhere else it breaks?
>   e.g. 5.3; d.m; v.digit settings; startup TclTk screen; etc.

Hamish,

Does this mean that the G.PARSER() problem is generally fixed and we can
enter strings with spaces into the tcl dialogs? Hallelujah! Thanks to both
of you!

The same problem affected d.m in the places to do SQL queries.

It also affected the v.digit startup where you specify a command to provide
a background map. Once you are in v.digit, it is then possible to specify a
background map.

It may (or may not) also be related to NVIZ not starting from the
autogenerated GUI. Currently, you have to start NVIZ from the command line
using the -q switch, then add data after it is running. That is, you can't
specify initial raster, vector, ect. files in the startup GUI dialog. If you
try to start NVIZ this way, it will crash.

I don't remember running into this in 5.3, but the GUI is very different in
5.3; G.PARSER() works but doesn't autogenerate the dialog boxes. They are
each coded individually.

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671