[GRASS5] d.legend and d.out.png

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Aug 23 17:50:27 EDT 2004

Michael Barton wrote:

> > This sounds like an OSX Tcl/Tk issue.

My mistake. I had assumed that this was related to the program's
stdout being fed to gui.tcl.

In retrospect, I suspect that it is actually an issue with the form
library feeding data to the etc/form/form program. I can't build that,
as I don't have Tcl/Tk 8.4, so I can't really provide any more
insight.

> > Does the GUI dialog use the OSX
> > wish or a Unix/X11 wish?
>
> This is an interesting thought. All the rest of tcltk for GRASS appears to
> go through the X11 tcltk version. In fact, tcltkgrass won't run if tcltk for
> x11 is not installed and available. Is it possible that this particular
> command is somehow bypassing the x11 version and trying to call the Mac OSX
> version?

G_gui() and tcltkgrass both use $GRASS_WISH. However, etc/form/form
uses the Tcl/Tk libraries directly. In any case, I don't think this is
relevant.