[GRASS5] d.legend and d.out.png

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Aug 24 04:04:32 EDT 2004

> Michael Barton wrote:
>
>> > This sounds like an OSX Tcl/Tk issue.
>
> My mistake. I had assumed that this was related to the program's
> stdout being fed to gui.tcl.
>
> In retrospect, I suspect that it is actually an issue with the form
> library feeding data to the etc/form/form program. I can't build that,
> as I don't have Tcl/Tk 8.4, so I can't really provide any more
> insight.

I actually have the same problem with Debian and GRASS compiled with tcltk
8.3 (although 8.4 is also on the system).

When I use d.m, it works once and the second time I get (after two clicks
on the map):

child killed: write on pipe with no readers
    while executing
"exec d.what.vect map=communes >@stdout 2>@stdout"
    ("eval" body line 1)
    invoked from within
"eval "exec $cmd >@stdout 2>@stdout""
    (procedure "Dm::execute" line 12)
    invoked from within

When I try from the command line after this, the command just exits
silently after the second click.

Moritz