[GRASS5] floating AI ASCII GRID import

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 09:27:42 EST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:55:56 +1300, Hamish <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> ok, done for both r.in.gdal and v.in.ogr.
>
> r.in.gdal:  code follows GDAL 1.2.5 gcore/gdal_misc.cpp
>   Frank is the author of all this code, but this may mix licenses:
>   -> I assume this does not constitute a "substantial portion" of
>      gdal_misc.cpp and therefore it is ok? Frank?

Hamish,

Cool, good work!  I am happy to allow portions of gdal_misc.cpp
to be relicensed under the GPL when copied into GRASS.  In
fact, I am happy to allow any amount of code from GDAL that I
hold the copyright on to be relicensed under the GPL if it would
be useful in GRASS, as long as the original copy in GDAL remains
under it's original license.

> v.in.ogr:   not sure how to do the read/write check.
>   [as these are both reading functions, reporting 'write' support
>    doesn't really matter, but is interesting..]

In C++ you would do a test like this to see if a driver supports
creating new datasources.  I thnk the C equivelent is to call
OGR_Dr_TestCapability().

        if( !poDriver->TestCapability( ODrCCreateDataSource ) )
        {
            printf( "%s driver does not support data source creation.\n",
                    pszFormat );
            exit( 1 );
        }

> Both modules have non-optional options (eg output=). You have to provide
> dummy values to get past the parser. Is there a better way?

Ugg, this really sucks doesn't it?

Best regards,