[GRASS5] Debian and d.m/d.zoom bug - /etc/ld.so.conf

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 14:14:51 EST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> I was thinking if we
>> need to pass on an already existing LD_LIBRARY_PATH, it needs to be
>> evaluated before xterm is run as that is what unsets it.
>
> Yes. One option would be to copy it to a separate variable, e.g.:
>
> 	set env(saved_lib_path) $env(LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
> 	exec xterm -e ...
>
> and have grass-run.sh restore it from that. Although that requires the
> Tcl/Tk code to know about the platform-specific variable names.
>
> Another option would be to dump the entire environment to a file and
> have grass-run.sh restore it.

Well as I understand it everything else will be preserved: it is just
LD_LIBRARY_PATH that is unset; is that right?
What about just setting another variable in Init.sh? After the correct
LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the GRASS session has been determined and set,
copy it also to GRASS_LD_LIBRARY_PATH. That wouldn't be unset by xterm and
then it could be restored to LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the script. Although I
suppose if the user changed their LD_LIBRARY_PATH after starting the GRASS
session something might be missing, but that would probably be quite unlikely.

Paul