[GRASS5] d.m: nviz start bug

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Dec 10 11:36:59 EST 2004

At the moment, I've just put a warning label on my download site about this,
saying you must run r3.createwind.

I thought this was in the process of being fixed (already fixed??) so that
nviz would generate a 3d region file (or parameters in the merged WIND/WIND3
file) if it found them missing. So I thought that it was a non-issue that
would go away on its own soon. Am I overly optimistic?

Michael

On 12/10/04 7:50 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a question concerning d.m:
> While launching
>
>  nviz el=elevation.dem
>
> from CMD line works well, the lauch of
> NVIZ from the d.m menu fails if the WIND3 file
> was not generated yet:
>
> It seems that the tcl part cannot handle
>
> nviz
> WARNING: G3d_readWindow: unable to find
>          [/ssi0/ssi/neteler/grassdata/spearfish57/user1/WIND3].
> Creating WIND3 File
>

> My assumption is the G_warning message disturbs the tcl part.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Markus

School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671