[GRASS5] d.m: nviz start bug

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Dec 10 11:42:50 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 09:36:59AM -0700, Michael Barton wrote:
> At the moment, I've just put a warning label on my download site about this,
> saying you must run r3.createwind.

Mhh, but it's not needed any longer to run g3.createwind.

> I thought this was in the process of being fixed (already fixed??) so that
> nviz would generate a 3d region file (or parameters in the merged WIND/WIND3
> file) if it found them missing. So I thought that it was a non-issue that
> would go away on its own soon. Am I overly optimistic?

Yes, nviz generates a 3d region file if it found them missing.

The problem is that nviz in d.m seems to be started in a different
way. But I don't understand how/why.

It *should* work out of the box.

Markus

Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it