[GRASS5] Re: Vector symbols & g.region

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Dec 10 11:39:00 EST 2004

Now there are a couple things for me work on with the d.m over Christmas
break. Nice addition (as is the idea of adding a none checkbox for line
color, like we already have for fill color)

Michael

On 12/10/04 8:39 AM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at itc.it> wrote:

> Bob,
> (cc grass5)

>> Okay, I have applied the following symbols to CVS under basic ...
>>
>> airport arrow1 arrow2 compass cross1 cross2 marker octagon star target
>>
>> The cross1 symbol is the original cross renamed. The two arrows are two
>> different styles of arrows both pointing north. They are centered (0,0)
>> at the center of the arrow. This may need to be changed so that the
>> arrow tip is center (0,0)? The marker symbol is a simple flag marker
>> that is centered at the base of the flag pole.
>>
>> Hope these are helpful.
>
> Yes, thanks!
>
> I have right now added a button/selector to d.vect (nice for the tcl popup).

>>> Dreams come true! I am in the need of that function for years.
>>> How do you deal with resolution? Averaged or highest resolution appearing
>>> in the list of rasters?
>>>
>>> Please apply that as well as it is very useful.
>>
>> I have applied my changes to CVS. I had written it so that it picks up
>> the resultion from the first raster in the list. It may be preferable to
>> use the smallest resolution from the list of rasters?
>>
>> Give it a try and let me know what you think.
>
> Works well.
>
> Thanks a lot
>
>  Markus

School of Human, Evolution and Social Change
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671