[GRASS5] Re: Vector symbols & g.region

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Dec 10 11:39:54 EST 2004

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 04:39:49PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
> Bob,
> (cc grass5)

> > Okay, I have applied the following symbols to CVS under basic ...
> >
> > airport arrow1 arrow2 compass cross1 cross2 marker octagon star target
> >
> > The cross1 symbol is the original cross renamed. The two arrows are two
> > different styles of arrows both pointing north. They are centered (0,0)
> > at the center of the arrow. This may need to be changed so that the
> > arrow tip is center (0,0)? The marker symbol is a simple flag marker
> > that is centered at the base of the flag pole.
> >
> > Hope these are helpful.
>
> Yes, thanks!
>
> I have right now added a button/selector to d.vect (nice for the tcl popup).

I have fixed it again, the basic/ was not included yet.

To make it working, I had to comment

  /*closedir(dir);*/

to avoid segfault (very strange, I'm sure that I dislike strings).

TODOs (I don't manage to fix it):

- d.vect:
   - make closedir(dir); functional (I guess the dir should be better closed)
   - sort the list of icons for the help text/TCL GUI

- r.colors:
   - sort the list of colors for the help text/TCL GUI

Markus