[GRASS5] 4 more questions about d.vect for improving GIS Manager

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Dec 12 23:39:11 EST 2004

There are 4 more questions I have about the vector panel in the GIS Manager
so that I can update it.

There are 2 checkboxes labeled "print query output as text in terminal" and
"edit attributes"

The first call the -x flag which, according to the docs (and d.vect) is
"Don't add to list of vectors and commands in monitor". The latter *sounds*
like it is keeping the d.vect results out of the list that d.redraw checks.
Is this what it is doing? If not, what IS it doing. I have yet to see the
query output printed as text in the terminal. This does not seem to be a
correct description of the flag. Is it worth keeping in the GIS Manager
version of d.vect?

The second calls a -e flag. There is no such flag listed in the docs. Is
this a holdover from an earlier version? Should I get rid of it?

As I thought I understood it, the print width setting only works with
ps.map. But perhaps it is called if you use the print dialog in the GIS
Manager? I guess the question is does this setting actually do anything from
within the GIS Manager or is it something that people will only be able to
use via ps.map?

Finally, an option that is NOT in the GIS Manager vector panel is the -c
flag. This fills areas with random colors based on the cat field. I thought
I'd add this if there is interest.

Thanks for your help.
Michael

PO Box 872402