[GRASS5] nviz vector points display

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Dec 13 04:20:01 EST 2004

On Sun, Dec 12, 2004 at 09:34:59PM -0500, Helena wrote:
> And finally - we just got rid of all the messages produced by nviz
> (thanks to Bob) to make sure that user does not miss any warnings given at
> the start
> of the program but now
> GRASS_INFO_PERCENT: xx writes each new % on new line, so the user sees just
> endless
> lines of this - can the message be written  on the same line as before?
> This is causing problems in v.surf.rst too.

I assume that

 g.gisenv set=GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT=gui

will toggle the message format.
I have recently modified the init script to set GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT
according to user selection of working in text or GUI mode.
Not sure if it works correctly (but I think so).

GRASS_MESSAGE_FORMAT is documented at:
 g.manual variables &

Hope this helps

 Markus