[GRASS5] nviz vector points display

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Sun Dec 12 21:34:59 EST 2004

I have changed the name of the vector and site pannels in nviz
to better reflect what they are doing, so now we have:

vector lines are viewed through Vector lines pannel
vector points are viewed through Vector points pannel
vector polygons are loaded through Vector lines but nothing gets displayed
(am I missing something?)

there is still a minor problem that if user
tries to display vector point data through vector lines pannel
(e.g. forgets that the file is points only)
nothing gets loaded - there should probably be a message "this is a point file,
use Vector points pannel" but I don't know how to add it

Eventually all vector data viewing could be merged under one pannel but
that is for later releases (unless somebody wants to do it now)

If somebody knows how to remove the mkdspf pannel without breaking anything,
it would be a great help.

And finally - we just got rid of all the messages produced by nviz
(thanks to Bob) to make sure that user does not miss any warnings given at the start
of the program but now
GRASS_INFO_PERCENT: xx writes each new % on new line, so the user sees just endless
lines of this - can the message be written  on the same line as before?
This is causing problems in v.surf.rst too.

thanks, and letme know if the change in Pannels does not work,

Helena