[GRASS5] Some questions about joining GRASS development

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Mon Dec 13 06:46:09 EST 2004

Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> Here are some questions I need answered to make some more progress:
>
> b) Is there any way to control how the runtime Tk forms are build by the G_parser() function?

The only factors affecting the construction of individual dialogs are
the values stored in the structures returned from calls to
G_define_{module,option,flag} prior to calling G_parser().

G_parser() essentially converts those structures to Tcl code then
passes them to lib/gis/gui.tcl. See that file to determine how the
various fields are used.

> 2. Make and Install process
>
> a) Am I right in assuming, that "gmake" has been replaced with a standard "make" process
> and is no longer important?

Correct.

> b) Some of my programs use shared code that I compiled as a library called "gt".
> I have put the lib headers in "include" and the code in "lib/gt" is that
> where it belongs?

If it will ultimately be used by more than one program, then it
probably belongs under lib.

> c) If I execute "make" in my module's subdir, the binary gets copied into my source tree.
> I would rather have it copied right into the system-wide installation dir in /usr/local.
> Is there a simple way to do it with the local Makefile rather than having to call
> "make inst" from the top level?

Try:
	make ARCH_DISTDIR=/usr/local/grass-5.7.cvs