[GRASS5] [bug #2852] (grass) Library - libgrass_interpfl.5.7.cvs.dylib - is not built

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Dec 17 15:13:18 EST 2004

Hello William

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, William K wrote:

> Hmm, I'm having no problems with this on the 2004-12-13 CVS snapshot.  I
> don't do CVS updates so I can't say for 12-17, maybe something changed in the
> code?
>
> This looks like my patch I do for Mac OS X SHLIB_LD.  Works for me.
>
> Paul - I've been meaning to get some action on my bug for the SHLIB_LD thing
> for Mac OS X (#2544). (I thought I sent something out recently to the bug,
> but I don't see it there)  I've been successfully using these changes on all
> snapshots since I opened the bug.
>
> 	    SHLIB_CFLAGS="-fno-common"
> 	    SHLIB_LD="cc -dynamiclib -Wl,-flat_namespace,-U,_cuserid
> -compatibility_version 5.7 -current_version 5.7 -install_name
> \${LIB_RUNTIME_DIR}/lib\${LIB_NAME}\${SHLIB_SUFFIX}"

The whole thing compiles fine without the extra stuff (i.e. just "cc
-dynamiclib -single_module") on Scott Mitchell's OS X system that he kindly
gave me an account on to use for testing. I'm not sure which version it
is though. Specific bug reports using the unmodified CVS might be helpful.
After stripping out all the extra stuff as far as I can remember I fixed
the bugs in individual modules that had made it need the extra flags like
_cuserid etc. Have you given it a try since those fixes? It was done
around the time of the 5.4.0 release as far as I can remember.

> The versions are probably not critical, but the key is the install name.  The
> versions should use some sed voodoo to get the grass version string into an
> acceptable form instead of being hardcoded.

Radim has done some work on that. I'm not very up-to-date with it except
that it has never caused me problems.

Paul