[GRASS5] [bug #2864] (grass) v.in.ogr fails many times importing shp files

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Dec 20 11:19:54 EST 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2864

Subject: v.in.ogr fails many times importing shp files

Platform: Mac OSX
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 2004_12_18

v.in.ogr fails many times importing shp files.

This is a big problem because in cvs_2004_09_20 release v.in.ogr worked with all files.
Now I have many problems with many files.
I have created new empty LOCATION for importing files.
Same shp files worked with old v.in.ogr but now they go to error or Grass exit...
I always use -o flag (override)

Only few shp files don't have problems.

This is one error:
DBMI-DBF driver error:
Cannot open dbf database: /myworks/grassdata/myproj_utm33/PERMANENT/dbf/
Cannot open database '/myworks/grassdata/myproj_utm33/PERMANENT/dbf/'
Cannot open database /myworks/grassdata/myproj_utm33/PERMANENT/dbf/ by driver dbf

but there are other messages.

Another error is a loop about breaking nodes.

It's impossible to import files.