[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:2259] Re: NVIZ on Cygwin

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 15:01:58 EST 2004

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Unfortunately, almost everything which could possibly go wrong with
> building NVIZ results in exactly this error message (including the
> stuff which I've snipped).
>
> The only way to track such problems down is to use a debugger (e.g.
> gdb). If you can try the following, it may provide useful information:
>
> 	GRASS:~ > eval `g.gisenv`
> 	GRASS:~ > gdb /home/Rich/grass/grass-5.0.3/dist.i686-pc-cygwin/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2
> 	> run -f /home/Rich/grass/grass-5.0.3/dist.i686-pc-cygwin/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script ned_patch -name NVIZ
> 	[... segmentation fault ...]
> 	> where

I tried this, with slightly different results from Richard although they
don't look any more informative (see below). I used the 5.3 version of
NVIZ with the latest patches from Bob Covill.

Upon giving the above command, an empty (black) Windows command-line
window appeared; the title bar contained the name of the NVWISH2.2
program. The message
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
then appeared in the terminal where NVIZ was started and on pressing
return, the segmentation fault happened.

What do the two question marks and empty brackets mean? Do the provided
xtcltk libaries have debugging information? Does anything else need to be
compiled with debugging turned on?

Starting program:
/home/administrator/gbldstat/dist.i686-pc-cygwin/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f
/home/administrator/gbldstat/dist.i686-pc-cygwin/etc/nviz2.2/nviz2.2_script
elevation.dem -name NVIZ
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

0x3096f700 in ?? ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x3096f700 in ?? ()
#1  0x00000400 in ?? ()