[GRASS5] GRASS on Mac help pages

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Thu Feb 5 12:11:14 EST 2004

Greetings,

A few months ago I offered to create help pages for getting GRASS going
on Mac OS X.  My time management skills since then have been
"questionable".  I started a page, collected suggestions from people
and a bunch of potentially relevant mailing list posts, but only got
around to adding a few points to the actual page.

I've just attempted to get a bit more work done on it, and have
concluded that it would be better to make it generally accessible.  The
"pride issue" - knowing that other people might see my horrible first
drafts - tends to motivate me better than keeping things on a long
"to-do" list :)

So I've committed my initial draft to CVS.  There are no links to it
yet, but if I understand correctly, next time Markus' script runs it
will become available as
http://grass.itc.it/macgrass/macgrass.html

In the meantime, you can access it from CVS (web/macgrass) or it's also
at:
http://rideau.carleton.ca/~smitch/macgrass/macgrass.html

It is far from complete, I'm just trying to push myself to get the ball
rolling a little better.  I welcome any
suggestions/complaints/corrections that you might have.  For those that
already contributed material, thanks, and if your suggestions aren't
showing up there now it's not that I've rejected them, I just haven't
got to it yet!

And if you have CVS write access set up, feel free to edit directly.

Thanks!

------
Scott W. Mitchell		Scott_Mitchell at carleton.ca
Department of Geography and Environmental Studies
Carleton University, B349 Loeb Building (Office A209)
1125 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON Canada K1S 5B6
+1-613-520-2600 ext 2695 Fax: 1-613-520-4301