[GRASS5] making raster maps from vector maps with PostgreSQL data in GRASS 5.3

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Jan 8 11:40:11 EST 2004

Here is the setup:

I have a vector area map with related information in a PostgreSQL
database. I can query and display the vector map using information from
any of the data fields in the PostgreSQL table.

What I'd like to do is create a series of raster maps of the vectora
areas in which the cat and/or label values are derived from a
corresponding series of field from the PostgreSQL file (e.g., raster
map1 using field 1, raster map2 using field 2, etc.)

How do I get data from a PostgreSQL field into the cat or label field
of a vector file so I can do a v.to.rast transformation?

Or is there another solution to this?

Thanks
Michael Barton
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator