[GRASS5] 5.3: shared libs and test in configure

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jan 9 13:37:38 EST 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:

> Here an example that the test
>
>   if test "$SRCDIR" = "$DSTDIR" ; then
>     { echo "configure: error: ***  Build directory should not be the same as source \
>

> can fail:
>
> SRCDIR: /hardmnt/thuille1/ssi/cvsgrass_exp
> DSTDIR: /ssi0/ssi/neteler/cvsgrass_exp
>
> The situation is that I have changed into the source code
> /ssi0/ssi/neteler/cvsgrass_exp/ directory via soft-link:
>
> cd /ssi0/ssi/neteler/cvsgrass_exp/
>
> thuille:cvsgrass_exp[304.48] pwd
> /ssi0/ssi/neteler/cvsgrass_exp
>
> thuille:cvsgrass_exp[305.49] /bin/pwd
> /hardmnt/thuille1/ssi/cvsgrass_exp

Right. I appear to have been distracted by the fact that one of the
three cases uses $pwd (which will be set to "/bin/pwd"); however, the
other two just use "pwd" which will be the shell's built-in:

	AC_PATH_PROG(pwd, pwd, pwd)

	AC_MSG_CHECKING(for source directory)

	if test -z "$srcdir" ; then
	  SRCDIR=`pwd`
	else
	  SRCDIR=`(cd "$srcdir" ; $pwd)`
	fi

	AC_MSG_RESULT("$SRCDIR")

	AC_MSG_CHECKING(for build directory)

	DSTDIR=`pwd`

	AC_MSG_RESULT("$DSTDIR")

For the $SRCDIR = $DSTDIR check to work correctly, we need to use $pwd
in all three cases. I'll fix this.