[GRASS5] grass 5.0.3 in debian

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 02:12:04 EST 2004

> > > the GRASS 5.0.3 package has been submitted to debian.

> > A couple of points about the new Debian package..

[I just installed it on a fresh machine]

> > - add a dependency to the new gdal-bin package and build --with-gdal
> > ? This is in testing now.
> >

> We could consider this I think.

Upon closer inspection that package only provides the executables
(gdalinfo, ogr2ogr, etc). It would need to depend on libgdal1, build
with libgdal1-dev, and I guess suggest gdal-bin.

It builds ok using libgdal1-dev, which looks like a CVS snapshot from
November. Didn't try actually importing anything though.

> > - after changing to tcl/tk 8.4, does NVIZ still work??? could
> > someone check?
> > >  Build against tcl/tk 8.4 (Closes: #206844).
> > for possible fix, see
> >  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/2036/
> > ??
> > maybe fixed in the latest tcl/tk packages?
> >

> To be verified.

Nope, it doesn't work here.. same segfault.
Putting -lpthreads in
   src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/Gmakefile  's  XTRA_LDFLAGS
doesn't fix it anymore either. Maybe somewhere else?

Compiling against Tcl/Tk 8.3 does work however.

regards,
Hamish