[GRASS5] Some news: KerGIS

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 26 01:32:11 EST 2004

> What I mean is that to have the complete overview, and to understand
> what was the big picture and how things were meant to work together,
> we need to see the original bare version. Relying on "features" of the
> present programs, where people have blindy modified some things that
> may have broken the whole, is dangerous.

It would be most useful to those of us who are new to working on GRASS
and whom only really understand the underlying code in a superficial
manner if someone who did understand such things could throw together a
block diagram of the different components and how they all were/are
meant to fit together. It might help to reduce future code fragmentation
and make it easier for new people contribute to KerGIS/GRASS in a useful
and correct way.

thanks,
Hamish