[GRASS5] Some news: KerGIS

Thierry Laronde tlaronde at polynum.com
Mon Jan 26 08:16:00 EST 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:32:11PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> > What I mean is that to have the complete overview, and to understand
> > what was the big picture and how things were meant to work together,
> > we need to see the original bare version. Relying on "features" of the
> > present programs, where people have blindy modified some things that
> > may have broken the whole, is dangerous.
>

> It would be most useful to those of us who are new to working on GRASS
> and whom only really understand the underlying code in a superficial
> manner if someone who did understand such things could throw together a
> block diagram of the different components and how they all were/are
> meant to fit together. It might help to reduce future code fragmentation
> and make it easier for new people contribute to KerGIS/GRASS in a useful
> and correct way.

The documentation is part of the project, and it is one of the most
important.

BTW, I will say it once and never repeat it after: I will certainly put
things and say things rather roughly when I analyze and criticize the
way things have happened. It is in no way a criticism on the individuals
it is just the constatation that with any project, despite the quality
of the persons, if the contributions are not planned and coordonnated,
the time spent is lost.

In no way I will proclam that I'm omniscient and "error free". No: I
make errors and will continue till the end. I'm simply trying to learn,
that is to make new ones.

Cheers,
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde at polynum.org>