[GRASS5] Raster API names suggestion

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jul 5 07:32:14 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 05:47:50PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > to improve the GRASS API name convention, I would like to
> > suggest to rename the raster functions from G_ to Rast_.
> > A recursive find/sed should easily do the job.
>

> can you give examples of which functions would be changed?

For example:

 G_put_raster_row ()		-> Rast_put_row ()
 G_open_raster_new()		-> Rast_open_new ()
 G_read_raster_timestamp ()	-> Rast_read_timestamp ()

etc.

As far as I understand all these functions are historically
called G_something, but IMHO this should be cleaned up
to make the GRASS API more transparent to (new) programmers.

Markus