[GRASS5] curses, foiled again!

Roger Miller roger at spinn.net
Wed Jul 28 23:03:13 EDT 2004

I've been trying to get Grass 5.3.0 to compile on a new SuSE 9.1 installation.
Most things are working well, however...

V_call.o in the vask library uses __waddbytes, which is defined in the curses
library, but not in the ncurses library.  The config routine specifies
-lncurses for everything that uses libvask.a, but it doesn't specify
-lcurses, which leaves __waddbytes undefined.

I can go through the (long and tedious) labor of recompiling each of the
failed modules manually, but I would rather find and fix the problem.  Where
and how would I look to fix this?

Roger Miller