[GRASS5] current status

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Tue Jun 1 04:49:18 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 08:31, you wrote:
> If I understand correctly, now to access shapefiles and postgis data with
> the latest grass57 one has to recompile gdal from cvs.

Shapefiles should work correctly with GDAL 1.2, postgis only with CVS version.

> This is also needed
> (plus the patch from Radim) to use grass rasters and vectors in qgis.

Yes.

> Furthermore, it is unclear to me how to get the necessary (grass, ecw,
> etc.) libraries. Are they already in the cvs, or should be downloaded and
> installed elsewhere?
> Alternatively, is it likely that things will settle down, so that it would
> be easier to wait a few weeks?

Yes, I think that it is better to wait a while. At least until
the patches are in GDAL. The raster support in QGIS is not perfect yet,
missing is support for floating point color tables because GDAL supports
only positive integers. We have already found the solution, but it is not
yet implemented.

BTW 1: Am i right that there is no function which can read rules from
color table in GRASS, something like
G_get_color_rule( struct Colors *, int rule,
                  CELL*, int*, int*, int*,
                  CELL*, int*, int*, int*)
?

BTW 2: Color table is stored as double linked list, doesn't that make
G_get_raster_color too slow?

Radim