[GRASS5] GRASS 5.7.0 beta5

Thu Jun 17 12:18:26 EDT 2004

On Thursday 17 June 2004 12:44, Hamish wrote:
[...]
> Martin wrote:
> > The button d.m - options - launch tcltkgrass sometimes keeps on top of
> > all windows after I selected options - anyone else encountered this
> > problem using debian?
>
> Nope. (TclTk 8.3)
> Does a "mouse over" the offending text help?

well TclTk 8.4 - I tried to reproduce it, but so far no success. But as far as
I can remember nothing except launching tcltkgrass helped.
I will remember it next time it happens and give it a try.

> > In the d.m. I set a raster on top and a vector below it but in the
> > monitor the vector was above the raster - intuitively I would say the
> > the top layer in the d.m. is also the top layer in the monitor.
>
> You can think of it as a list of commands, the first instruction on the
> list is drawn first; you build the display from the bottom up, not
> the top down.. It's just a matter of perception really, e.g. are the
> silhouettes of Tom Servo & Crow really watching you or the movie?
>
> Anyway, the side that makes sense from a programming standpoint tends to
> win, so that's why it's like that. The tree being open ended at the top
> provides a tiny hint.

well, ok it makes sense from the "list of commands" point of view but
nevertheless it is quit a challenge to swap my intuition ;-) - wouldn't there
be an easy way to decide if I want to have the classical way or the command
way displayed?
Otherwise I have to get used to it ... :-), Cheers Martin