[GRASS5] discussion on how to package binaries

Thierry Laronde tlaronde at polynum.com
Sat Mar 6 06:55:50 EST 2004

Hello,

For what is worth, I have opted for NetBSD's pkgsrc:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc/

which supports the following platforms:

AIX (under work)
Darwin (Mac OS X)
FreeBSD
IRIX
Linux
NetBSD
OpenBSD
Solaris

IMHO, people should try to ease the installation building on top of a
common framework and without interfering with the core package. At
least, these are my options. If you ease the maintainance of the
sources, you will eventually ease the installation. If you take it the
other way... Remember that the road to hell is paved with good
intentions. And yes, this is none of my business now. But since I do
prefer centripetal to centrifugal...

Cheers.

Note: yes MS OSes are not supported. But for me they are not a target.
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde at polynum.org>