[GRASS5] v.out.ogr question

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Fri Mar 12 11:58:40 EST 2004

Hi,

I used the module v.out.ogr in GRASS5.7 to export polygons but missed
the parameter 'type=area'. The result was a warning:

> WARNING: Requested types: points and lines, but (additionally) areas found.
>          Check 'type' parameter.
> 3426 features written
> WARNING: 3426 features without category written

but the map was also exported with lines instead of areas. I don't
understand why the module explains a mistake but still exports
the data. Wouldn't it make more sense to simply stop after warning,
so the user has to add/modify the missing parameter?

  Otto