[GRASS5] status of libgrass, mapserver, gdal and >8bit rasters

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Sun Mar 14 19:43:28 EST 2004

Markus Neteler wrote:

> I also think that we should release the GRASS libraries as stand-alone
> package in future (probably with GRASS++ libs, let's jump into the license
> discussion again...) to add more flexibility in GRASS packaging.

If you are considering releasing shared libraries as a standalone
package, we will have to start paying attention to version issues.

Specifically, each library will require a version number in its
soname, and that version number will need to increase whenever an
incompatible change is made to the library.