[GRASS5] [bug #2357] (grass) Working with rasters in diverse resolutions

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon Mar 15 14:17:12 EST 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2357

Subject: Working with rasters in diverse resolutions

Platform: other
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 5.0.3

Hello,

I am working with multiple raster data sets in diverse resolutions, which presents a problem.  For example, I cannot easily overlay a 1 meter-resolution USGS quad on a 30 meter-resolution DEM.  To get all the data out of the quad I have to oversample the DEM 900 times by setting the project resolution to 1m.

It seems to me that implementing support for multiple resolutions at once would be a gargantuan pain for the poor programmers, but this is (imho) a serious limitation of the program.  Is there a workaround that doesn't involve choking my RAM with oversampled data?  Is there perhaps a workaround in NVIZ?

Thanks,
Gilead Wurman
ASU Active Tectonics