[GRASS5] NVIZ Documentation

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Fri Mar 26 16:02:47 EST 2004

Hello,

I have finally applied the updated NVIZ documenation to CVS. Note that
the documentation is layed out as a reference guide (not a howto guide).
  I have left the scripting section untouched because scripting is still
mostly not working. Also, the hints section still needs updating (I ran
out of time). It is in this section where we could add sections for
key-frame animation, encoding images (mpeg, etc), off-screen rendering,
NVIZ related environment variables, etc.

Let me know if you find any errors, etc.

I have also updated the HTML->TCL help interface for NVIZ. This is
activated from the Help button in the NVIZ GUI. The interface is a
little cleaner and easier to use.

I have also applied an update to GS2.c in the ogsf library. The change
catches errors from trying to load raster data that is outside the
current region, doesn't exist in the mapset, or does not contain any
data. Each of these conditions would cause NVIZ to crash and exit. The
fix will catch these errors (hopefully) and exit more gracefully, with
an approprite error message.

--
Bob Covill