[GRASS5] replacing tcltkgrass in 5.3-cvs

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Sat May 1 06:57:14 EDT 2004

I'm trying to figure out the sensible way to add Michael Barton's new
tcltkgrass scripts to the 5.3 source tree, and need input.

It could be done by (at least):
(1) add tcltkgrass4/ under src and change the compilation list to point
to this one instead of tcltkgrass ("à la" r.mapcalc3) - backwards
compatible but adds more redundant stuff to the source tree, or
(2) replace all the existing tcltkgrass

Out of those, option 2 seems more sensible, especially since we can
just revert in CVS if anything went wrong, BUT now, since there are a
lot of files that changed, do I just overwrite with Michael's files and
commit, or remove the existing src/tcltkgrass/ altogether then add the
new tcltkgrass4 and commit, or... some other combination?

Thanks - I volunteered to do this and then realized I wasn't sure what
the best strategy is.  A good CVS learning experience...

Scott