[GRASS5] [bug #2396] (grass) Freetype includes not found

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Mon May 3 12:43:16 EDT 2004

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2396

Subject: Freetype includes not found

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: CVS
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.3-cvs 20040502

Hi,

I just compiled 5.3-cvs from yesterday and I couldn't convince configure to find the freetype includes. The include path was set

--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2

The error message is

checking whether to use FreeType... yes
checking for location of FreeType includes... /usr/include/freetype2
checking for freetype/freetype.h... no
configure: error: *** Unable to locate FreeType includes.

Development files of freetype are installed and "/usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h" exists.

My system is a debian/sid snapshot from february and freetype is 2.1.7-2.deb

p.s. shouldn't be in the bug report section "Type of report:" 5.3 as well?

Rainer