[GRASS5] image analysis question - FORGOT IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu May 6 18:07:58 EDT 2004

Chris,

I figured out what is going on...I think. ASTER comes in 3 resolutions:
3 15m vnir bands, 6 30m swir bands, and 5 90m tir bands. Because GRASS
will dynamically adjust resolution on the fly, depending on the region
setting, I can view any combination of bands at any of these
resolutions. However, if I want to run i.clust, all the bands I use
need to be at the same resolution. Hence, I need to change the
resolution using r.resample to make sure that all the bands I am
clustering match. The reason it works without a problem with Landsat is
that all bands (except band 8 for ETM) are the same 28.5m resolution.

Michael
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671