[GRASS5] GRASS 5.3 release

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu May 6 20:35:16 EDT 2004

Paul Kelly wrote:

> > shared libs working on all but Cygwin            ?
>
> Not a big job to get them working on Cygwin:

No? Is it no longer necessary to create a .def file for DLLs?

> 1) make driverlib static on all platforms (I remember Glynn saying this
> was generally a good idea as the way it is written it will always
> reference functions in other libraries that might not have been compiled
> yet)

Actually, the issues are:

a) that driverlib references functions which are defined in the
executable, and

b) main() is defined in the library.

> Getting it working on OSX is a bigger problem and requires lots of
> tedious work removing multiply defined symbols, but will be done for 5.4

Can you provide more details? Maybe I'm missing something, but I can
only find around 20 symbols which appear to be problematic.