[GRASS5] GRASS 5.3 release

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri May 7 05:25:25 EDT 2004

On Fri, 7 May 2004, Hamish wrote:

> > > r.terraflow #if GCC>3.0 include rules            no, but works
> >
> > Only compile r.terraflow if g++ is the compiler
>
> That is what the GCC version check is for. I'm pretty sure if we (I)
> conditionalize all the GCC 3+ includes, it will compile with cc. ?
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/2923
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gis.grass.devel/2932

Well I'm pretty sure it won't compile with the IRIX CC ;) but I don't
mind. The original version of r.terraflow in GRASS didn't have the GCC
3-style includes and there were a lot more errors then:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2003-February/007312.html
but I'm willing to try compiling again. Laura said she didn't expect it to
work with anything but g++ so I'm also going by that.

> > Fix r.terraflow makefiles so they work with alternate build mechanism
>
> Beyond applying these changes to 5.3, what else needs to be done?

The way it makes two sub-directories to compile different versions of the
program trips up the sed script that converts the Gmakefiles into
makefiles for the alternate build mechanism, Haven't looked into it more
than that.

Paul