[GRASS5] GRASS 5.3 release

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri May 7 08:25:20 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 01:35:16AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> Paul Kelly wrote:
[...]
> > Getting it working on OSX is a bigger problem and requires lots of
> > tedious work removing multiply defined symbols, but will be done for 5.4
>
> Can you provide more details? Maybe I'm missing something, but I can
> only find around 20 symbols which appear to be problematic.

Weeks ago I have resolved quite a few symbols for OSX,
so I don't think that this is much work (1 hour?).

But I have no OSX access, so I cannot continue and also lack
some time. Locally I am using
 CFLAGS='-g -Wall -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -fno-common'
to simulate the behaviour of the OSX compiler on Linux, but
it doesn't seem to catch all problems.

Markus