[GRASS5] [bug #2402] (grass) r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon May 10 07:28:38 EDT 2004

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 05:30:19PM +1200, Hamish wrote:
> > this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2402
> > Subject: r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working
> >
> > I tried the new rules=[filename] option. It generates ERROR: Unable to
> > open rules file [filename]. Then it stops all processing until a
> > ctrl-C is pressed. I tried a simple rules file:
> >
> > 1 blue
> > 2 green
> > end
> >
> > (I tried it with and without 'end' and got the same result)
>
> The rules file needs to be in the $GISBASE/etc/colors/ directory.

I have added the path to the message. Now the user knows where
the file is searched:

r.colors N45E008.meters rules=test.rul
ERROR: Unable to open rules file test.rul in
       /nfsmnt/ssi0/ssi/neteler/grass57/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/etc/colors/test.rul

> I just added a few more: terrain, bcyr, slope, and elevation. You can try
> copying over the four example files from src/raster/r.colors/cmd/ as
> well, some are nice.

Fixed also in 5.7 now.

> > Also, it won't even get this far from the autogenerated GUI because it
> > conflicts with the type=[option]  argument. There needs to be a 'none'
> > selection for the type option in the GUI header.
>
> The GUI and man page will be updated at some point to cover both these
> issues..

Left to the author :-)
On command line it's functional now in 5.7.

Markus