[GRASS5] [bug #2402] (grass) r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 01:30:19 EDT 2004

> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2402
> Subject: r.colors - new rules=name option not yet working
>
> I tried the new rules=[filename] option. It generates ERROR: Unable to
> open rules file [filename]. Then it stops all processing until a
> ctrl-C is pressed. I tried a simple rules file:
>
> 1 blue
> 2 green
> end
>
> (I tried it with and without 'end' and got the same result)

The rules file needs to be in the $GISBASE/etc/colors/ directory. I just
added a few more: terrain, bcyr, slope, and elevation. You can try
copying over the four example files from src/raster/r.colors/cmd/ as
well, some are nice.

> Also, it won't even get this far from the autogenerated GUI because it
> conflicts with the type=[option]  argument. There needs to be a 'none'
> selection for the type option in the GUI header.

The GUI and man page will be updated at some point to cover both these
issues..

Hamish