[GRASS5] 5.7: most r3.* modules included

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon May 10 12:18:24 EDT 2004

Hi,

most r3.* modules are present now in GRASS 5.7
(in the new raster3d/ directory)
     r3.in.ascii  r3.info       r3.in.v5d
     r3.mask      r3.null       r3.out.ascii
     r3.out.v5d   r3.timestamp

For now I left r3.mapcalc out because the Makefile is
not to be written straightaway. And once we talked about
the idea of extending the new 2D r.mapcalc to a
3rd dimension with #defines to optionally compile
it with two or three dimensions. As far as I remember
basically all loops have to be extended to additionally
browse the z direction.

If the expected time to extend the new 2D r.mapcalc to a
3rd dimension would be predicted with > 2 month, I
suggest to include the old r3.mapcalc.

Markus

PS: the old s.vol.rst is now called v.vol.rst