[GRASS5] a wish for v.colors

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu May 13 11:35:14 EDT 2004

The discussion of changes to r.colors reminded me that I've always
wished there was a similar kind of utility for vectors. It is easier to
set colors by category/attribute in GRASS 5.7, but it still is
considerably more complicated than for raster maps and still requires
(AFAICT) figuring out rgb triplets (unless of course you only want to
set all features to the same color). I don't know how hard it would be
to do, but something for vectors that had the functionality of r.colors
would be nice.

Michael Barton
Michael Barton, Professor & Curator
School of Human Origins, Cultures, & Societies
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ  85287-2402
USA

voice: 480-965-6262; fax: 480-965-7671