[GRASS5] 5.3-CVS: RPM created - please try

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri May 14 07:33:03 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 11:18:12AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > >         libcrypto.so.1 is needed by grass-5.3.0-1
> >
> > probably due to PostGRESQL support?
>
> This dependency is almost certainly bogus. The PostgreSQL modules
> require libpq. If libpq happens to require libcrypto, then it is up to
> the RPM which contains libpq to deal with that. GRASS shouldn't list
> it as a dependency.
>
> > >         libssl.so.1 is needed by grass-5.3.0-1
> > I guess due to PostgreSQL support.
>
> In which case, this is also bogus.

Note that 'rpm -ba' has inserted these dependencies.

Anyway, I have defined some more dependencies, now a new
set of RPMs here:
 http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass53/rpms/

Still OGDI is required since I don't know how to manage
two GDAL installations on one machine (my VMAP0/MapServer wants it).

Markus

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it