[GRASS5] 5.3.0

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sat May 15 15:11:40 EDT 2004

Hello everyone
I have done the minimum (but hopefully sufficient) amount of work
necessary to create a 5.3.0 release of GRASS based on today's CVS HEAD.
The release can be extracted from the CVS server as
cvs co -r release_15_05_2004_grass5_3_0 grass
and a source tar.gz will be available soon (Markus will sort that out).

Unlike (as far as I can tell) some of the earlier source releases where not
all files in CVS were included in the source tarball, I have tagged the
current version of every file with this 5_3_0 tag. As well as being quick
and easy to do and reducing the possibility of overlooking something,
discussions on the list before have suggested that it is good to include
even unused code in the source distributions, as potential developers may
find it and become interested in fixing or improving it.

Once the source tar.gz is available on the website I will do some more
work updating it (if no-one else does) and will try and prepare some more
detailed release notes than the NEWS.html file contains.

Please test and we can quickly release 5.3.1 in case major problems are
found.

Paul