[GRASS5] Linewidth and style for line vector objects

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun May 16 20:32:13 EDT 2004

> Hello Grass Developers, I have just started to play with GRASS 5.7.
> Something that would be nice to have is linewidth and style attributes
> that can be set for the vector objects. Is this possible now? or is
> there any intention to add these features? I did not find any mention
> of this in the wish list.

For hardcopy output, ps.map has a vector line width option, widths can
be a floating point number (eg [vector] "width 0.5" works).

For sceen display, use v.buffer to make a thicker area. Sometimes using
a higher contrast line color (white vs grey) will make the line appear
thicker. I'm not aware of a way to make linewidth=2 in d.vect though.

Hamish