[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:3471] Grass 53cvs with shared libs for OSX ready

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon May 24 06:04:49 EDT 2004

Hello Lorenzo

On Mon, 24 May 2004, Lorenzo Moretti wrote:

> Grass 5.3cvs 2004_05_15 built with shared libraries is ready.
> IT'S ONLY FOR CURIOSITY, NOT FOR WORKING.
> It's missing some modules respect than normal 5.3cvs static:

Do you think there might be some command-line flag for your Mac OSX
C-compiler that will allow it to ignore the multiply-defined symbols
warning and compile all those other modules? Or does anybody else know
whether this is possible or not?

If you find something, try adding the flag to the COMPILE_FLAGS line in
mk/vars.mk in your build directory and then running
./gmake53 src/mapdev/v.digit
or whatever to see if you can get it working.

We could manually fix all the multiply-symbols but it would be a lot
simpler and easier if we were able to find a suitable compiler flag.

Paul