[GRASS5] Re: GRASS <-> GDAL circular references

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Wed May 26 09:50:53 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 25 May 2004 12:09, Paul Kelly wrote:
>> > Should we add somehow --no-undefined to make sure that it compiles on
> > Cygwin? It is not standard linker flag I guess. It is probably sufficient
> > if developers set this flag?
>
> As far as I know I don't think that is possible for Cygwin DLLs; the
> dependencies on shared libraries have to be added to the linker
> command-line and there seems to be no way to create DLLs with undefined
> symbols. In 5.3 EXTRA_LIBS is called SLIBDEPS; it seems to be a fairly
> standard thing and I think it is correct for it to be there?

ld manpage:

--no-undefined
  Normally when creating a non-symbolic shared library, undefined  symbols  are  allowed  and
  left to be resolved by the runtime loader.  These options disallows such undefined symbols.

I thought, that we could use it on Linux, to ensure that it cannot happen on Cygwin.

Radim