[GRASS5] how to install grass57

Fri May 28 12:28:59 EDT 2004

Hello Didit,

I don't know which operating system you are working on, but as far as I am
aware of you can install GRASS 5.7 beside 5.0.x or 5.3.0 on any OS. Just
point your 5.7.0 version to the database previously set up by 5.0.0 and you
can straight away use your "old" data .

To install 5.7 have a look at the bottom of the download page (separated by
OS, Linux, MacOS, MS Windows) there you find detailed explanations.

If you are new to GRASS perhaps you would be better up to use 5.3.0 or wait
some time until it is declared stable (5.4.0).
5.7.0 is classified as development and might lack some features you depend on
or might show up with some weird errors/bugs.

regards Martin

P.S.: I think this type of questions is better posted on the GRASS user
mailing list, rather than the developer mailing list.